10 Reasons To Plank
1) Great way of working and developing functional strength in your core muscles.
2) Less flexing and pressure on the spine than with traditional sit-ups.
4) Incredibly efficient as it isometrically (statically contracts) trains multiple muscles at the same time.
5) Extremely Simple and no equipment is needed. Can be done anywhere, is easy to try but hard to do!
6) Improves posture
7) Improves balance and stability.
8) Perfect for all athletes but especially combat athletes who need muscular stability for defence.
9) Improves power transfer between upper and lower body.
10) Improves Agility.